Wednesday, January 12, 2011

time, time, time... see what's become of me


"Time, time, time... see what's become of me
while I looked around
for my possibilities.
I was so hard to please.
But look around
leaves are brown
and the sky is a hazy shade of winter."
-Simon & Garfunkel

Today I thanked God for the difference between today and yesterday.

Today I am even more hopeful than I was yesterday. Today I made even better use of the time and resources God has entrusted to me. Today I talked with God a little longer and listened to Him even longer. Today I ate healthier food than I did yesterday. Today I took the advice of a wise friend. Today I called an old friend and a new friend. Today I thought more about someone else than I did of myself and did something about it.

Living life one day at a time is possible when you have a program that works. Celebrate Recovery works because we can depend on God's promises all day every day. Join us any Friday night if you have a hurt, habit or hang up. Join us even if you don't think you have one. You're more than welcome.

No comments: